You are hereSilly Stuff About Dogs & Cats
Silly Stuff About Dogs & Cats
Did you know that …
A cat’s arching back is part of body language system, usually associated with feeling threatened. The cat can arch high because its spine contains nearly 60 vertebrae. A humane has only 34.
- In a poll conducted by the American Animal Hospital Association, 33% of dog owners admitted they talk to their dogs on the phone or leave a message on the answering machine while they are away.
- The oldest dog was Bluey, an Australian cattle-dog. He lived to be 29 years and five months old. The oldest cat was Puss, who lived to be 36 in Devon, England.
- Cats spend 18 out of 24 hours sleeping.
- Cat purr at the same frequency as an idling diesel engine, 26 cycles per second.
- Dogs are mentioned 14 times in the Bible; the cat is the only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible.
- Dogs are not color blind. They can see color but it is not as vivid as what we see. While it was believed that cats are color blind, recent studies show they can see blue, green and red.
- A cat uses its whiskers to determine if a space is too small for it to squeeze through. The whiskers act as feelers, so the cat can judge the precise width of any passage.
- Felix the cat was the first cartoon to be a balloon in a parade.
- The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in a court of law in the United States.
- Zorba, an Old English Mastiff, was the heaviest and longest dog ever on record. In 1989, he weighed 343 pounds and was eight feet long