What We Do

Community Resources

Change an Animal's Life

Portage Animal Protective League does not respond to loose or stray dog reports. Loose or stray dogs must be reported to the Portage County Dog Warden. Please use the following information to contact them.

Report a Loose or Stray Dog in Portage County:

Portage County Dog Warden

330-297-6924 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Toll Free at 1-800-772-3799
330-296-5100 (Emergency after hours)
Fax: 330-298-2053
Kent Residents Only: Call Kent Police at 330-673-7732

Looking for Low Cost Spay/Neuter Resources?

Visit our Low Cost Animal Care page to learn more about Portage APL’s MASH spay/neuter services, and other low cost options and resources.

24-Hour Emergency Pet Care

Note:These are not low-cost options, only emergency care.

  • Metropolitan Vet Hospital
    (24-Hour Vet Care)
    1053 S Cleveland Massillon RD
    Copley, OH 44321
  • MedVet Akron
    (24-Hour Vet Care)
    1321 Centerview CIR
    Akron, OH 44321
  • VCA Great Lakes Veterinary Specialists
    (24-Hour Vet Care)
    4760 Richmond RD
    Warrensville HTS, OH 44128
  • VCA Green Animal Hospital
    (24-Hour Vet Care)
    1620 Corporate Woods CIR
    Uniontown, OH 44685