Portage Animal Protective League, as a service to Portage County residents, fulfills an important role in investigating cases of possible animal abuse, neglect or abandonment.
To Report Animal Cruelty
Use any of the options on this page to report animal cruelty to our Humane Agent.
What we need to be able to investigate:
- Your name and call back number. If we have more questions or the message wasn’t clear, we need to be able to reach you.
- Street address, number and street of residence or location of the alleged violation.
- Accurate description of the problem and animal(s) involved and when it was first noticed.
Portage APL employs the court appointed Humane Agent who does the following:
- Investigates suspected cases of animal cruelty and abuse.
- In accordance with Ohio law and Portage APL policy, places domestic companion animals into protective custody when necessary for their care and safety.
- Provides documentation and, when appropriate, other support in the prosecution of suspected abusers.
- Educates residents and organizations within Portage County as to how animals can and should be treated humanely.
- Works with local social services and law enforcement agencies to help people and animals.
The Humane Agent at Portage APL has the powers to file animal cruelty charges on an individual and also write and serve search warrants.
In some cases the agent may educate the current owner on proper care so the animal can stay in the home.
Call our Humane Agent
330-296-4022 (ext. 102)
Email our Humane Agent
Call Our Humane Agent
330-296-4022 ext. 102
Email Our Humane Officer